Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Vacation--Part III Multnomah Falls

If you have not had the chance to visit Oregon, believe me, it is definitely something you should put on your bucket list!  I was amazed at the beauty of this area.  Never in all my life have I ever seen anything else like it!  Bear with me, as there will be several posts about what we did in Oregon with SO many pictures of this part of our vacation. It was paradise!!        
 Our first tourist stop was at Multnomah Falls, which was breathtaking.   The day we were there was a little on the hot and humid side but we didn't care because of what we were seeing.  We decided to hike to the top of the falls and I was really wishing that I had worn something else!  We were a little on the sweaty side when we finished the hike but it was so worth it to see the view from the top.



This vantage point is from the top of the falls, looking down at the bridge.  So amazing!
 
 
 
 
 Our own "Vanna White."  Anybody want to buy a vowel?
 
 What added to our excitement of the Oregon vacation was the fact that we were able to do it with some of our best friends!  We began an almost yearly vacation tradition with Chris' brothers family, Kevin, nine years ago.  This year, as we allowed Zach to choose our family vacation, he did not hesitate at all in choosing to continue with this tradition.  Vacation has always been more fun with them!  I think it is so sweet that Macie and Sydney are holding hands. 

I love the look of Cody's expression as he looks at Blake.  Wish I knew what brought about this look!!  There is also a slight bit of Chase pride as you can see with their shirts, Sydney also wore her Chase shirt.  All I can humbly say is, "Chase's rock!"

 Sydney and Macie enjoying to the max all the free tastes they can get!
 
 I believe in cousin power!  Our kids have been so blessed to develop such good, deep relationships with cousins.