Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer Vacation--Part II Idaho Panhandle

This post is about our enjoyment of Northern Idaho but I have included one picture taken in Kalispell, Montana.  We saw this moose out front of a very cool sporting goods store and if you know my husband, you know why we have this picture.  One of the things I love about my husband is his love and respect for animal life.  Even in the form of a statue, he loves and admires the animal!   
 
After we attended Sacrament meeting in Kalispell, we started on our drive towards Oregon, with our destination for the night to be Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.  We needed to find a place to have a picnic for lunch and along the way we found a spectacular lake. 

 Water + Kids + Rocks = Lots and lots of fun!




Macie being my good helper while getting the sandwiches ready.
 Love my Macie girl!

 Chris was the one behind the camera on this day (just in case you couldn't tell :)) and I wish that with these next two pictures he would have set the timer and sat right next to me! 

Can I just say that I love this picture?  Totally random and catching such a fun interaction between me and the kids.  I have actually enlarged this picture and hung it in our family room so that our little chalupa's have a visual reminder that I LOVED being with them on this trip! 


 Seriously, this place was my type of heaven.  Over and over again during our trip, Chris and I would talk about our dreams for the future and one of them happens to be to live in an area exactly like this.  Someday, someday! 

After our time at the lake, we sadly loaded up to continue travelling on.  Erin is modeling her headband that she had made while driving.  She is such a beautiful girl and such a good sport to allow Macie to lay her tired head on her lap so that she could take a nap.
 
Nighty night, Macie girl!