Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Day in Newport

So after driving and driving and driving some more, we finally got a glimpse of the Oregon coast.  The drive from the Falls to the coast was absolutely amazing.  The trees were the tallest trees I have ever seen and the vegetation was beyond incredible.  Don't I make you want to visit Oregon?  You won't regret it if you do!  Seriously, the State of Oregon needs to send me a check for the advertising I am doing for their state!
 Our first day on the coast we went Newport.  Our destination was a FREE aquarium but in order to reach the aquarium you had to travel across this bridge.  Our car was full of the teenagers and as typical teenagers do, they held their breath as we crossed the bridge.  Well, holding their breath once across wasn't too bad, but after about five times, all in a row, they were about ready to roll over and die!  We were lost and so back and forth we drove, trying to find the aquarium.  Chris and I had a good laugh over these kids of ours!
 After the aquarium and a bowl of yummy clam chowder, we made our way over to a lighthouse.
 We took a path down below the lighthouse to check out the marine life.  Chris is working on pulling out a star fish.
   This is my super cute nephew, Dillon, and I pretty much think that he should be on the cover of a surfing magazine...just saying.

Peaceful.  Beautiful.  Vacation.