Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Last Days of May


 Each year the 6th grade class puts on a "Living Museum" and it involves research as well as putting together a costume.  Thank my lucky stars, Erin chose a relatively easy person to represent, Pearl S. Buck.  All it took was a trip to the thrift store, several sessions of trying different outfits on, and voila~Pearl S. Buck!  Perhaps you may notice her "on" button (aka the green sticker on her hand).  Students were not to speak unless you "pushed the green button."  For some reason, that phrase always sounds like a Japaneses submarine fighter in my head.  If you've seen the Boy Scout skit, you know what I am talking about.

 
Macie celebrated her 9th birthday in May and all I can say about her "day" was that she has got to be one of the most gracious young girls I know.  Her gifts were rather simple and yet with each one she let out a great big, most sincere THANK YOU!  We had a great day and hip hip hooray the sun was shining on her special day!
 
 
 Our silly Macie!  Braces come off in July and she can hardly wait for gummy bears and popcorn!
 
Blake and Zach at a band awards night. 
 
 Macie at her school play portraying the very brave (and very cute!) deer.
 
 Blake enjoying a sunshine day!  Our summer days have been mostly gray and rainy but we keep hoping that the sun will come out tomorrow.

 Blake and Zach have been making long boards this summer.  Here he is putting the final coat of paint on his.
 Graduation Day!  This was Zach's final performance with his High School Band.  I just have to say that this band is like no other and I'm not saying that because I am his mother.  Really, they are the best that I have ever heard, and I have been around enough to hear my share of bands!  I will miss listening to him play the french horn but hopefully when he returns from his mission he will be able to participate in the BYU marching band and I'll get to hear him then.


So hard to believe that he is officially done with this chapter of his life!  We are so proud of him!

And just so you know...Zach has turned his mission papers in and so we should be finding out any day now where he will be serving for two years.  My mother heart is nervous and excited!