Monday, May 13, 2013

I am Still Alive

This blog patterns my journal...sometimes there are big gaps of time that are left unrecorded.  I have decided to give this a go again as Mom and Dad Chase are serving a mission.  No guarantees that I will be able to keep it up to date, but I will try.

This blog post is pretty much all about Zach!


With the change of missionary age, our lives have changed drastically.  It was amazing to listen to President Monson as he announced that young men may now begin serving a mission at the age of 18.  As he made this announcement, our oldest, Zach, looked at me and suddenly the plans which we had originally assumed would take place upon his graduation, were in an instant changed.  Zach will graduate in two weeks and will turn 18 in August.  He has decided to turn his papers in now.  We have all of his paper work ready to go, minus a signature from the dentist which I hope to get this week!  He has been accepted to BYU and if he is to report on his mission before December of this year, we will get a deferment for his return.  We had a crazy conversation yesterday as we realized that one year from yesterday (Mother's Day), Zach will be on his mission and we will be so excited to have a phone call from him!

 
Zach also had the chance to attend Prom this year.  He chose to go with one of the sweetest girls in our Stake.  They had a great evening with friends and even allowed Chris and I to take part by serving them dinner.  I did as most chef's do and stayed in the kitchen while they ate.  Chris did a fantastic job as their waitor.  He dressed up as a high class waitor, towel and all, and spoke in an italian accent.  We played romantic cheesey music and even slipped in the song from Disney's Lady and the Tramp, "For This is the Night."  (I don't know what the real title of this song is, but hopefully you know the one!)  I think that Chris and I got more of a kick out of our silliness than the kids did.  We had a great time!  These type of moments sure make being a mom totally worth it!
 

We know that duck lip poses are no longer the thing to do, but we begged and pleaded for a ducky type picture!  They were such good sports!!

Such studs!

I had so much fun watching the younger kids watching the prom goers take pictures.  Macie especially had a dreamy look in her eyes and she watched it all take place.  I was especially glad that Zach's date was modest and setting such a good example for my daughters.

This is by far my favorite picture from prom night!  Such a good group of friends!! 
 
More to follow...I promise!